Since the pandemic began, BritCham Indonesia’s routine of holding physical trade missions has been postponed. However, the recent slowdown of the spread in Indonesia made Energy Catalyst International Brokerage Visit possible.
Last week (11-15 July), BritCham Indonesia held the very first in-person trade mission in collaboration with Innovate UK featuring 12 UK clean energy companies visiting Jakarta. They were provided with many useful insights on the Indonesian renewable energy sector, market, and opportunities directly from the government, associations, academics, and businesses.
This programme has successfully reached 50+ productive meetings with Indonesian companies to help provide energy access to Indonesian people, especially those living in rural areas, and also to learn more about renewable energy conditions.
Energy Catalyst International Brokerage Visit to Indonesia 2022 agenda:
- Welcome briefing by BritCham Indonesia and Department for International Trade of the British Embassy in Jakarta
- Cocktail Reception
- Roundtable Discussion with Trade Association
- Visit to the Directorate General of New, Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation (EBTKE)
- Virtual visit to Department of Energy and Mineral Resources of West Java Province (Electricity Division)
- Virtual visit to National Battery Research Institute (NBRI)
- Virtual visit to Center of Excellence for Electricity, Automation and Renewable Energy (CoE EARE)
- Virtual visit to Pertamina New Ventures
We would like to say thank you to various stakeholders in Indonesia such as the government, associations, businesses, and universities who participated on this programme!